Toastmaster, MC (Master of Ceremonies) & Presenter Services
- A Professional Toastmater & MC (please see the information below and the dedicated pages for the various types of wedding he looks after).
- A Celebrant (please see the dedicated pages for his Wedding & Funeral Celebrancy services).
- A DJ on a local radio station - Cannock Chase Radio. Locally 94FM & 89.6FM...and available online anywere on www.cannockchaseradio.co.uk/
The Role of Toastmaster, Colin Bruton - Member of EGoTT
Colin is a crucial part of an event. He consults and advises with the hosts on every aspect of the day and agrees all necessary timings, procedures and requests. Colin advises on etiquette, ceremonial precedence and correct forms of address (if needed or wanted); but all in a modern and non pretentious manner.
On the hosts' behalf, Colin's duties are to ensure the smooth and timely running of the event; this could include any of the following activities:
- Acting as a time keeper
- Welcoming all guests
- Moving guests from one area to another...easier said than done and very hard without a Professional Toastmaster
- Gaining and maintaining people's attention for grace, speakers or any toasts
- Introducing artistes and entertainers
- Liaising with banqueting managers & staff and photographers
- Managing any last minute chances to the running of the event
- Generally being the "best friend" of the event organizer. Colin is worth every penny, so you can sit back relax and enjoy yourself; ladies and gentleman, you are in safe hands.
As one of the friendliest professional toastmasters in the country, Colin gives advice on etiquette and protocol to ensure your event, function or wedding is a great success. His style is relaxed, charming and always courteous; think traditional...but with a modern twist.
Colin offers his professional services all over the UK and USA, they include:
- Traditional and same sex weddings (please read the dedicated page for more details)
- Asian weddings (please read the dedicated page for more details)
- Caribbean weddings (similar to english weddings, apart from the "open mic" section during the speeches)
- Birthday parties
- Family parties
The following functions can be more formal where understanding the protocols and etiquettes needed is essential. Colin is very fortunate to have been trained by Reuben Lynch and is a member of a very progressive guild: The Circle of Toastmasters; so you know the advice he gives you before your event is correct and his conduct on the day itself will be friendly yet professional. Colin can also act as a MC (Master of Ceremonies) or Presenter...running the evening or your event in whatever style you need.
I have worked with HSBC Bank, Investec Asset Management, Peugeot UK, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, The Warwickshire Society of Chartered Accountants, The British Army, The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers, The Birmingham Chartered Accountant Students’ Society, The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, Coin-a-drink, Compass Group, The Midlands Business Awards; The Universtity of Worcester...and many more.
- Charity and gala balls
- Dinner dances
- Business functions
- Corporate dinners
- Masonic & ladies festivals and receptions
- Rotary club and round table functions
- Civic lunches and banquets
- Award ceremonies and conferences
- Official openings or product launches
- a "This is your Life" event
...essentially any event or function.
Colin lives in Rugeley - Staffordshire, England and offers his services throughout the whole of the UK, Ireland and the USA.